Sign in to follow this  
Eurmalian

Warm Welcome

Eurmalian

Hi everyone

I joined Nation States a little under a month ago and go assigned to the Pacific. I'm starting to get the hang of it all and enjoy myself, but logged on this morning to a notification that I'd been ejected from the Pacific by Pergamon. I've not had any message saying why and as far as I know I've done nothing wrong. Surely the people in charge of the starter regions shouldn't be acting like this towards new players? I've messaged them and the WA delegate asking why, but thought I might make it a bit more public too.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks

Xelha

Did you launch hoard missiles during the event instead of cure missiles?

The boards had stated that he was ejecting all hoarders for 24 hours.  I think if you telegram him he should be able to let you back in.

Alternatively you can PM him here on the forums @Pergamon

Eurmalian

I did launch two after I got over run and didn't realise that had moved me from curing. I've had a reply from him also saying that was the reason for the boot.

I still think that when you're running one of the new start regions, just kicking people like that with no communication (I hadn't found the boards yet and it doesn't appear to have been in either of the telegrams sent at that point), purely to try to do a bit better at an in game event is really bad management...

Pergamon
38 minutes ago, Eurmalian said:

I did launch two after I got over run and didn't realise that had moved me from curing. I've had a reply from him also saying that was the reason for the boot.

I still think that when you're running one of the new start regions, just kicking people like that with no communication (I hadn't found the boards yet and it doesn't appear to have been in either of the telegrams sent at that point), purely to try to do a bit better at an in game event is really bad management...

I explained to you why I did this and it was based on merit. I don't know what you are asking for specifically. Also any ejected nation is free to re-enter now, as the event is over.

Eurmalian

I'm not asking for anything specifically. More just making the point that as someone new to the game, logging in to a message telling you've been kicked from the area with no explanation isn't a great experience.

You've now explained why it happened and that it's very temporary so I could just rejoin, but that's not something I knew at the time. You're running a group that new players are automatically added to, so it's maybe an idea to consider how things will appear to people who don't yet know all the mechanics or what things mean.

In general, when you join a new game and brand new community, you don't expect to be just booted from that community without warning. Especially when the organisers have shown they can message everyone quite happily, so if there was a mass booting they could have let everyone know why...

Pergamon
2 hours ago, Eurmalian said:

I'm not asking for anything specifically. More just making the point that as someone new to the game, logging in to a message telling you've been kicked from the area with no explanation isn't a great experience.

You've now explained why it happened and that it's very temporary so I could just rejoin, but that's not something I knew at the time. You're running a group that new players are automatically added to, so it's maybe an idea to consider how things will appear to people who don't yet know all the mechanics or what things mean.

In general, when you join a new game and brand new community, you don't expect to be just booted from that community without warning. Especially when the organisers have shown they can message everyone quite happily, so if there was a mass booting they could have let everyone know why...

Not during the event. - Unless it is expected that the regional officers are around 24/7 and pull all-nighters during these sort of events. It takes a lot of time to message every single nation being ejected and tell them the reasoning individually. However once the event is over, there is enough time for explanations. I think the issues are clarified now. I get your point howsoever - That such events are not really "noob friendly" is however not the fault of a regional community, but of the game creators that do not provide sufficient explanation, nor tutorial and leave everything to us. Which is kinda impossible to pull off.

• Like 1